To help the day run smoothly, please note the following information:
(Please note - this information relates to the 2017 event, but will be updated soon)
- No food or drink (other than one unopened bottle of water per person) may be brought into the venue.
- You may be asked for ID upon entry - those under 18 years of age will be given a coloured wristband, to indicate that alcohol cannot be sold to them. Please note that stallholders do still have the right to ask for proof of age for the sale of alcohol.
- Security and event management have the right to search your bag.
- No animals other than Guide Dogs are permitted into the venue.
Liquor Information - in line with our Liquor Licence
- There is a total liquor ban in the Matarangi area from 7pm Friday 7th April to 7am Sunday 9th April.
- Alcohol can only be bought and consumed on site, and will be available for sale from 10am to 4pm.
- Signage regarding the sale of liquor policy will be displayed throughout the venue.
- We will be responsible hosts of alcohol; misuse of alcohol may result in eviction from the event.
- The 'Kids Zone' is an alcohol-free area - liquor is not permitted in this area at all.
- Official event wine glasses will be available for purchase at the merchandise tent.
Food and Beverages
- A variety of food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase at various stalls.
- Bottled water will be sold at the event merchandise tent and Lions Coromandel sites.
- You are not permitted to bring in your own food. We have asked stallholders to keep food and beverage prices to a minimum to ensure something is available for everyone.
- Shuttle services are providing safe and sober transport to and from Matarangi from other areas in the Coromandel.
- From Whitianga / Kuaotunu / Whangapoua - contact Go-Kiwi shuttle services - 0800 44 65 49 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- From Coromandel - contact Coromandel Adventures - 0800 46 26 76 (GO CORO) or www.coromandeladventures.co.nz
- A dedicated area for children will be adjacent to the play ground and have a number of activities.
- This area is strictly alcohol free!
- Due to a lack of natural shade in the Village Green, areas will be set aside for the use of gazebos and sun umbrellas.
- You may bring your own gazebos (3m x 3m) and sun umbrellas. We ask that you consider others when positioning and putting them up.
- We recommend you bring cash as most vendors will not have eftpos or card facilities.
- There will be an eftpos machine for cash withdrawals on the day operating from the event management tent (next to the stage).
- Both St John and the Fire Service will be in attendance at the festival.
- Due to health and safety regulations, animals are not permitted at the venue at any time.
- Of course, Guide Dogs are welcome.
- The event committee will be based near the stage.
- This will be a place for lost and found, cash out, health and safety, Raffles, feed-back forms and any enquiries.
- Tickets cannot be refunded or re-sold and if lost cannot be replaced.
- Defaced tickets will not be accepted.
- Please treat your ticket like cash. Once you have received your ticket, it is solely your responsibility. If you lose your ticket, we are unable to reissue.
- NO TICKET - NO ENTRY.
- Limited gate sales will be available, but they will be more expensive than tickets purchased prior to the day.
- Event day tickets - Adults $20 each, Family (2 adults and 2 children) $40 each.
- Disabled parking is available in the car park at the end of Kenwood Drive.
- For all others, street parking is available along Kenwood Drive and surrounding streets.
- A number of security officers will be at the venue to ensure you have a safe day.
- Upon entry and at any time during the event, security and event management have the right to inspect bags.
- Management reserves the right to remove or refuse entry to ticket holders considered dangerous or a nuisance to others, or who fail to comply with reasonable requests.
- There will be designated smoking areas on site (behind TCDC toilets, next to the portaloos by the liquor area, and Cordyline event entrance).
- This festival will go ahead rain or shine so please come prepared for New Zealand’s changeable weather.
- The festival will only be cancelled if the conditions are considered dangerous by the organisers, and will be advertised on Coromandel More FM.
Changes to the Event
- Occasionally changes to the line up or programme times occur that are out of the event organisers' control.
- No refund will be offered in these circumstances.